Begining today for the month leading up to Christmas, we are running a charity drive to raise funds for the vets that work with Ugly Mutts Dog Rescue. The rescue is normally not a fund-raising type of group and mostly rely on donations by way of gently used stuff (collars, leashes, beds, clothes, etc) but medical expenses are difficult to pay for with dog goods so we are rallying the troops (you and your friends) to help raise some money.
Currently, Ugly Mutts is caring for a Bulldog named Layla that was tossed to the side of the road after having been abused and overbred. She suffered for three days before someone found her and Ugly Mutts' vets set to work helping her survive. Fingers crossed, but it looks like she is going to pull through. A special family will be lucky to have her.
It is so important that we enable dog rescues to continue to help animals find new and loving homes, especially this time of year when the spirit of giving is alive and well inside of all of us. Indeed, this has been an after-school special, jingle bells edition, brought to you by my very own spirit of giving.
In addition to raising money, we have a donation box where you can drop off the new and gently used goods we mentioned earlier. Their wish list is as follows:
For The Dogs:
- Dog crates and puppy pens (any usable condition)
- Carriers (any usable condition)
- Leashes and collars (gently used are fine)
- Toys and tennis balls (gently used are fine)
- Food dishes (stainless please for sanitary purposes as they are reused many times over)
- New or gently used dog beds
- Dog treats (expiry no more than 3 months of the day’s date)
- Dog food (expiry no more than 3 months of the day’s date)
- Grooming supplies (shampoo, brushes, etc.)
- Flea Preventative (as long as the individual vials are unopened)
- Heartworm Preventative (as long as the individual pill packet is still intact)
- Other medications such as glucosamine tablets, etc. (as long as they are not expired)
- Pre-paid veterinarian services (see below)
For Ugly Mutts Foster Parents:
- Cleaning products (Spray 9 or Zep products always great!)
- Baby gates (so appreciated for foster homes!)
- New or gently used towels
- Paper towels
- Gift certificates for Staples or other stationary stores to cover the cost of printing flyers, contracts, etc.
- Gas cards to help with the fuel costs of rental trucks needed to transport dogs.
- Gift certificate to pet stores
- Canadian Tire Money
Come in to the store and get some more details about this really amazing rescue or check them out on line
We look forward to seeing you over the holidays!!
The Bone House